Alarm systems are sets of devices, procedures and technical solutions that are designed to detect and signal alarming events, such as burglary, fires, assaults, failures or other threats. They consist of several basic elements, such as:
- Sensors: that detect movement, opening doors or windows, smoke, heat, etc.
- Alarm control panel: which collects signals from sensors and decides to issue an alarm,
- Alarm beacons: sound or light signals that inform about a threat and deter intruders,
- Monitoring: which allows for ongoing monitoring of the situation and reaction to the threat,
- Integration with other systems: such as access control systems, fire alarm systems, CCTV camera systems, etc.
These elements make up an alarm system that must comply with legal regulations and meet security requirements.